- THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT-- Emily Blunt, Jason Segel, Rhys Ifans, Alison Brie, Chris Pratt, Kevin Hart, Chris Parnell and Mindy Kaling. 2 Hours and 4 Minutes. Rated R.
- SAFE-- Jason Statham & Catherine Chan. 1 Hour and 34 Minutes. Rated R.
- PIRANHA 3DD-- Danielle Panabaker, Matt Bush, David Koechner, Chris Zylka, Gary Busey and David Hasselhoff. 1 Hour and 23 Minutes. Rated R.
- HIGH SCHOOL-- Adrien Brody, Michael Chiklis, Colin Hanks, Matt Bush, Sean Marquette and Mykelti Williamson. 1 Hour and 30 Minutes. Rated R.
- FRINGE-- (Season Four) Anna Torv and Joshua Jackson. 22 Episodes.
- GREY'S ANATOMY-- (Eighth Season) Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Chandra Wilson, Sandra Oh, Jesse Williams, Kevin McKidd. 24 Episodes.
- THE GOOD WIFE-- (Season Three) Julianna Margulies, Christine Baranski, Archie Panjabi, Matt Czuchry, Josh Charles and Chris Noth. 22 Episodes.
- PARKS AND RECREATION-- (Season Four) Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza and Rob Lowe. 22 Episodes.
- THE OFFICE-- (Eighth Season) Ed Helms, Catherine Tate, James Spader, Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer and BJ Novak .24 Episodes.
- 2 BROKE GIRLS-- (First Season) Kat Dennings & Beth Behrs. 24 Episodes.
- IMAGINE DRAGONS-- NIGHT VISIONS
- MATCHBOX TWENTY-- NORTH
- TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB-- BEACON
- CAT POWER-- SUN
- BOB MOULD-- SILVER AGE
- LECRAE-- GRAVITY
SUMMER SLUMP: Hollywood Sees 3% Drop in Ticket Sales
(HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA) Now that Labor Day has passed, and the Summer of 2012 is officially over, the Hollywood studios are looking back and asking: What the heck went wrong?
This summer could be the worst in Hollywood’s history in nearly 2 decades. Attendance this summer was the lowest since at least 1993. Just over 500 million people went to the movies. Ticket sales over the summer months account for about 40% of the annual total, yet this summer they declined from 2011 an estimated 3%.
Who’s to blame? The studio executives point fingers at the Summer Olympics for being tough competition and James Holmes for scaring away crowds. Holmes is better known as the “Dark Knight Shooter”. He terrorized a packed theater on opening night of “The Dark Knight Rises”.
The studio ought to look in the mirror. They can’t attract crowds because they’re making a lousy product. The epitome of this awful summer move season is last weekend’s release “The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure”. It earned barely half a million dollars on over 2000 screens and is now one of the biggest flops of all time.