Without Magic, Santa Would Need 12 Million Employees from FedEx and UPS (NPR)
- 46 international distribution centers, to allow Santa to reload as he crosses the globe. That means 400,000 workers for loading presents onto Santa's sleigh.
- 60,000 workers to develop optimized flight plans and communicate with the FAA, secure flyover rights, etc.
- 7,000 people monitoring demand and tweaking his route in real time.
- 100 meteorologists to make sure Santa doesn't fly into a blizzard.
- 40,000 people to help Santa clear customs.