10 Ways People Waste Money by kiplinger.com
1. Buy new instead of used.
2. Carry a credit-card balance.
3. Buy on impulse.
4. Pay to use an ATM.
5. Dine out frequently.
6. Let your money wallow.
7. Pay an upfront fee for a mutual fund.
8. Pay too much in taxes on investments.
9. Buy brand-name instead of generic.
10. Waste electricity
5 Ways To Instantly Boost Your Self-Confidence from yourtango.com
1. Check yourself out. According to our Irresistible You survey, half of you measure your physical beauty by how you feel when you look in the mirror. When you feel like you look great, your confidence goes up instantly! So why not put on the most flattering outfit in your closet, apply your favorite makeup, and give your hair a sexy tousle? Take a look in the mirror and give yourself some well-deserved adoration! Then just spritz on your flirtiest perfume and voila — you're ready to face whatever the day throws at you in style.
2. Work out. Studies have shown time and time again that exercise gives you endorphins. So whether you're a devoted Zumba fan or just love to take long walks, those happy feelings combined with the satisfaction of knowing you're doing something great for your body will raise your self-regard instantly. Plus, you'll get that gorgeous post-workout glow —the perfect accessory to any outfit.
3. Receive a compliment — and believe it. Everybody loves to hear some nice words. Try to have a conversation with somebody who values you, whether it's via phone, email or face-to-face. If you're having a particularly down day, perhaps tell someone how you're feeling — a little reassurance can go a long way. Not only will you hear some kind words, but you'll also gain good feelings from speaking to somebody who cares about you, and that is a key ingredient for high self-esteem.
4. Stop comparing yourself to others. One of the most damaging things you can do for your self-esteem is to compare yourself — whether it's your talents, career, looks, relationship status or anything else — to somebody else. This not only hurts your self-esteem, it can also harm your relationships and create tension. Instead, focus on your strong points.
5. Cook a healthy meal. Good nourishment can go a long way to helping you appreciate yourself — especially since nearly 60 percent of you said that the activities most likely to make you feel attractive are eating right and exercising. Check out a brand-new recipe, grab the ingredients, and make yourself something delicious as well as good for you. Bump up this idea a notch by inviting some friends over to make it a social affair
OLYMPICS: Pageant Queen, Swimsuit Model, NOT a Gold Medalist
Friday night’s Olympic Opening Ceremony in London got mixed reviews for being both extravagant, but too complicated.
However, there’s no doubt that all the male viewers had their eyes glued to a Javelin thrower from Paraguay. With just her smile alone, Leryn Franco lit up the Olympic stadium. The photogenic athlete stood out among the crowd. Franco knows she’s n unusual beauty. Last year she posed in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. Also, Franco was runner-up, in her early 20s, at the “Miss Paraguay” pageant.
That’s no ordinary Olympian. Still, Franco will have to settle for those accomplishments. She won't be anywhere near the awards stand in her sport: Javelin. She throws it only a fraction of the distance of the favorites.
VIRAL VACATION: Three Airports in US Infected with Germs
Here are three airports you should probably avoid: JFK, LAX and Honolulu International. They are crawling with germs and disease.
Researchers from MIT imagined anightmare scenario of a deadly virustraveling internationally. These three airports would be the most likely to contain the virus. European travelers regularly come through JFK, while Honolulu and Los Angeles serve as hubs for vacationers from China, Japan, India, and Australia.
However, there’s probably millions who’d risk the virus in Honolulu in order to take a relaxing vacation on the beaches of Waikiki.