Fashionably Frugal: Mothers Want a Manicure and Clean Car
Mother's Day is the second-biggest spending holiday -- behind Christmas. The National Retail Federation says the average American will spend over $100 on mom for gifts, flowers and Sunday brunch. But when moms were asked what they secretly wanted for Mother's Day, the majority said "pampering". Might we suggest a pedi-manicure. Or consider giving your mom a car wash & vacuum.
Shopping for Father's Day Much More Difficult Than for Mom
Finding it difficult to shop for Mother's Day? Psychologists say it's relatively simple, just as long as you follow a few simple rules. In fact, shopping for your mother is perhaps the easiest. No matter what type of gift you select, she'll still love you.
It's Father's Day you have to worry about. Men are especially picky when it comes to what's inside a wrapped package. It'd better by fancy, expensive, or exactly what he wished for. Otherwise, men will become disappointed and it might even impact your relationship. Studies have shown how young couples broke up shortly after his birthday because he hated his gift.
Mother's Day Facts
- Plastic surgeons say Mother's Day has helped spur a jump in Botox gift certificate sales
- over 1.2 billion calls will be placed on Mother's Day
- The average American will send out 2.6 Mother's Day cards
- 27% of Americans will purchase Mother's Day gifts for their mother-in-laws.
- KFC says Mother's Day is their biggest day of the year. On Sunday, they'll sell over 10,000,000 pieces of chicken resulting in close to $18,000,000 in sales
In Theaters Today: 'Avengers' May Earn Another $100 Million
ALL REVIEWS FROM 'DAILY VARIETY' AND 'THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER'
DARK SHADOWS-- (3760 Screens) . Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Helena Bonham Carter, Eva Green Jackie Earle Haley, Jonny Lee Miller and Chloe Grace Moretz. 1 Hour and 54 Minutes. Rated PG-13.
GIRL IN PROGRESS-- (Limited Release to 320 Theaters) . Eva Mendes, Matthew Modine, Cierra Ramirez, Patricia Arquette and Eugenio Derbez. 1 Hour and 30 Minutes. Rated PG-13.