Answers.com has put together a list of eight celebrities who were rich before they ever achieved fame -- proving that life is indeed unfair. Here they are:
- Taylor Swift. Taylor's dad, Scott Swift, is the financial adviser for Merrill Lynch. He also comes from a long line of investment bankers, some of whom went on to be presidents of various banks
- Ariana Grande. At the age of 10, Grande and her well-off family co-founded the South Florida youth singing group, Kids Who Care. The group went on to raise several hundred thousand dollars for those in need.
- Anderson Cooper. The reporter's maternal grandparents are famous millionaire Reginald Vanderbilt and socialite Gloria Vanderbilt. The Vanderbilt's fortune stems from Cornelius Vanderbilt, who is famous for establishing the prominent Vanderbilt shipping and railroad fortune.
- Lana Del Rey. The singer was shipped off to boarding school by her wealthy parents, who were loaded, thanks to their ties with the former Grey Group.
- Rashida Jones. This one is obvious -- she's the daughter of famous media mogul Quincy Jones and actress Peggy Lipton.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus. The Emmy-winning actress comes from a long line of billionaires and successful businessmen. Her father is famous billionaire Gerard Louis-Dreyfus, who chaired Dreyfus Energy Services.
- Adam Levine. His dad, Fred Levine, founded retail chain M. Fredric. The upscale clothing company is still going strong today.
- Armie Hammer. The actor's paternal great-grandfather, who was a Russian Jewish immigrant, moved to the U.S. and became a well-known oil tycoon.